Wednesday 24 February 2016

By The Sea

I really enjoyed yesterdays class and I especially liked the seaside theme of the first layout.
The photo is an old one of my mum and its one of those moments I remember so well as we spent every summer down at Dymchurch in a little bungalow. It backed onto sand dunes and once over the top there was miles of sandy beach and the sea.
 All of the die cut shapes were cut on the scan n cut and the wooden fence was cut from the fantastic distress wood paper in the kit.
And I made a great discovery as well. Addicted to gems as I am, I went mad when I found the clear gems in the wedding section at the range. They are normally used to scatter on tables but I found that by utting them in a jar and adding just a few drops of Alchol Ink, they change colour to suit your project. Result.
Now if you want a laugh, I tried a Periscope broadcast from class for the first time so that the ladies who were not able to come through illness, could see what we were up to.

You will need to download the app but you wont regret it. So many people are now broadcasting, I've see all the new products at CHSI (the UK Trade Show for all crafting goodies) this week and I havent left the sofa. 

Scrapbook Class Feb 2016 from Ladies That Craft on Vimeo.




Layout two tomorrow xx.

4 comments:

  1. WOW fabulous layout! I am a new follower and welcome to blog land.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful layout. I love all the little sea imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super fabulous layout and a lovely photo. Love the theme and such precious memories of your day.

    Hugs Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a stunning layout I love the photo you used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is really appreciated and lets me know that someone is out there reading my blog xx