Tuesday 24 October 2017

Seaside

This layout was done in a class a few months ago and it's taken me this long to find it again. I was, and still am, in love with everything sun, sea and sand. I have loads of dies, stamps and stencils which I use to make bright and breezy layouts however with this black and white photo of my mum and her sister and brother I thought I needed to tone it down a bit.
The two sea horses were stencilled onto black card and cut out. By turning one over I was able to add my journalling to the reverse.
I added hand drawn bubbles and a swirl stencil to create the background.
I used Distress Oxide Inks through seashell and starfish stencils to complete the look.
I love the Oxide colours but to make them brighter I spritzed with a fine mist of water to make them pop. xx

7 comments:

  1. Fab layout Julie. Lovely old pic...a nice way of preserving the memories x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a stunning page I love how you have used the photo. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO Julie - loving the underwater theme you’ve created. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout, love how you added the journaling. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is really appreciated and lets me know that someone is out there reading my blog xx